Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Lots of exciting

Hello! I am safely home and happy doing all the usual art things and helping out at the store. Feels as though I hit the ground running when I returned from Norway. Our son had just started University and moved to Toronto, we had an Australian art student move in to our spare room, lots of art details to take care of and numerous 'catching up' events filling the rest of the time. I feel like we are finally living in a more settled space and slower pace again, though we still miss Odin lots. On the plus side, having our son in the big city means more frequent visits!
Chris has just returned home from a two week artist residency at Spark Box Studios in Prince Edward County. He is refreshed and relaxed, but also excited about all the work he was able to do and now eager to continue. The two of us will be showing our residency-inspired works together in a show at the RedBrick in Feb. 20- April 2, 2017. It would be great if we were able to incorporate an artists' talk about residencies. More details about this to follow in the new year. 
There are plenty of things going on right now... I have two works included in the World of Threads Festival! I am so honoured to have my work included in this International show. The opening is this Saturday, October, 29th 2-4pm at in the Queen Elizabeth Park Community and Cultural Centre. Please join me- it looks like an amazing show. You can get more details here:
http://worldofthreadsfestival.com/exhibitions_menu.html


Below are just a couple of the groupings of artwork that are on display...there is lots more!








In November I have a number of my large print works on washi showing in PI Fine Arts 40th Anniversary exhibition. Below are a few photos of the work in the space. This space is pretty amazing and I am so thrilled to have my work hanging here in the same space as Jim Dine! And so much room to take it all in. I think the white frames are so wonderful. More details about the show, November 4th - 27th, here on their website, http://www.pifineart.com/



Later in November, I will be showing some of my smaller washi works with a great group of talented washi artists at the Japanese Paper Place's  Washi Artists’ Sale 
Sat. Nov 19 11-5pm 
at their lovely new location:
103 The East Mall unit #1
Etobicoke 416-538-9669



No comments:

Post a Comment