Sunday, August 7, 2016

a lovely weekend- Thank you!


In July I participated in the 55th Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition. It had been 12 years since I had last shown my work in Nathan Philips Square and though I was nervous, I had a most wonderful time. Many THANK YOUs to everyone who came out to visit and say hello. Some of you I hadn't seen in many years and I loved catching up with all the stories about your artwork. It is always nice to hear where my work ends up and how living with art changes a home. People came up to tell me that they had purchased an art piece from me at one of my first shows, some said it was their first art. So nice. Lots of familiar faces and great meetings. I saw some works head off to far away places and met lots of wonderful people. 


It was busy and hot and I talked non-stop for 3 long days. There is no way I could have done this on my own, many thanks to Pam Lobb, Michelle Purchase, Lydia Nieuwenkamp, Bri Hoy, Augustine Tse and my lovely family for all your help. 

Thank you to the Ontario Arts Council for support through the Exhibition Assistance grant.





And much much love for my super supporter helper, Chris!


1 comment: