Sunday, July 3, 2016

Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition

I am four days away from packing everything up and taking it on the road to participate in the 55th Toronto Outdoor Art Exhibition. It has been 12 years since I last participated and I am feeling a bit nervous and lots excited. I am 12 years older and hoping my endurance can still make it through 3 long days of showing my work to the public. In the past, meeting all the wonderful people at the show has definitely been the main highlight. Loading and unloading artwork each day, I remember as a type of boot camp. The weather is always a wild card, so will just prepare for everything and remain flexible. I have lots of work prepared and quite a few in the works, the editing will be the hardest part.  Maybe I can post some of the works that I am taking with me to get an idea of how it will all come together. Overall, I am feeling it will be a great show- and I hope to see you there!



These three are new mixed print pieces with lots of different beautiful Japanese papers. They are a departure from the traditional chine collĂ© technique, pasting fine papers to a heavier paper when printing (which I still do with my edition works). These pieces are mostly sewn together to allow the delicate textures of the lovely papers to play as fine layers. I float mounted them and used 'invisible' glass, which is pretty amazing but a bit fussy to work with. All is good, if you do not touch it : )



Still working with some silhouettes. I have a series of gestures in socks and gloves that I am hoping to show some of.




This is one of the works framed in the top photo. I am having a lot of fun, and learning lots, while experimenting with taking prints apart and rearranging with new papers into fresh compositions.



And a really rough snap, fresh off the press, from my instagram of an etching that I am working on and hoping might make an appearance next weekend... fingers crossed. This year has seen lots of work inspired by lilacs. 
Off to finish a few more things started here. Will post some more photos soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment