Friday, February 22, 2013

the Brush Off

Today is the last day to get tickets from the Scotia Bank in downtown Guelph for Wellington Hospice's event the Brush Off.  Tickets are $20. and will probably be available at the door but if you can purchase them today at the bank, they are offering to match those sales as support for the cause. 



I am looking forward to this, definitely going to be a lot of fun. The event starts out with 24 artists painting for 30 minutes, which the public then vote on which leads to an elimination. I am not sure about all the details but there are a number of rounds, lots of talented artists, a few surprise themes and one winning artist.  Nibbles and cash bar too.  My husband, Chris is one of the artists participating and I am going as audience to cheer everyone on. Being a printmaker primarily, I can't imagine finishing anything in 30 minutes but of course that is part of the excitement of the event.  
This week Chris hung a collection of his wonderful paintings at the eBar in downtown Guelph. The eBar is part of the Bookshelf on Quebec St. (as well as their wonderful small cinema).  Yesterday, Ben from the Bookshelf interviewed Chris in our studio for their blog. You can see the video by clicking here.
Bit more information on Hospice Wellington's website here.  Hopefully I can take some good snapshots to share with you here later.
Ok. I only took this one photo at the Brush off. Was having too much fun to focus on my camera. Lots of wonderful art was created very quickly and then sold in a silent auction. Yummy food, tasty drinks, good friends, family, art and lots of fun. This is Chris's piece from the first round. He went on to the second (which was also a work I really liked) and then was eliminated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment