Wednesday, January 30, 2013

bits and pieces



It has been some time since I have sat down and posted, not because there is nothing going on but maybe a bit too much to keep me sitting in one spot for very long.  I will have lots of posts to catch up.  My health post Lyme (yes, I think I have kicked it- feel like I should say 'we' kicked it with all the help and support I had.  more on that later ) is almost super and my eagerness to get out and about doing things after much time doing very little is exciting.  So lots going on in the studio and out.  
Chris and I were in Toronto and dropped in to say 'happy new year' to John at Lennox Contemporary on Ossington and saw that my work was in the window. Sweet!
This photo I found on the internet (somewhere, hope no one minds...) from the movie Mama.   Those two pieces in the background are mine, rented from Canvas Gallery in Toronto.  Megan and Mark, the gallery owners, have worked in the movie industry and set design and I occasionally see my work in movies, tv shows and commercials.  It is kind of fun to see your work this way and it is nice to get a bit of income from the rental.  Some galleries don't trouble themselves with the rental fees but it is only fair cost of film production and is also under CARFAC's  (Canadian Artists' Representation/le Front des artistes canadiens) fee schedule. Click here to find out more about artist's rights and legal issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment