Monday, August 24, 2015

print series with Graven Feather

Lots going on at Graven Feather right now (or always?) with the In The Round group show call for entry already at 122 artists, Pam and Erin's work up in the gallery- a show titled 'Trawling Tilling Tending' with a closing party on the 27th, annual calendars are in the works... and a new print series featuring prints by 8 artists. I, being one of the 8, was asked if I would like to help with the printing and figured out a day that I could run away to the big city and help out. We did the whole edition, signed and stamped in one day, which is pretty amazing to me but with a Challenger press I guess it is not unheard of. Here are a few photos from my visit and a little video that Erin took of me helping out. 






One of the many lovely letterpress pieces around the studio. I love Roald Dahl.
Unfortunately here, his name is spelt Ronald...maybe that is why it is a proof.

Here is the list of artists whose work has been translated to print editions:

Tammy Ratcliff, www.tammyratcliff.com
Jessica Bartram, http://jessicabartram.ca/

   Erin mixing just the right red for me. I have never had anyone mix my ink for me before. 

   Pam getting things set up and roller inked

Pam and Paul pulling the first proofs

What a lovely press

    Aerial view of the plate on the press



I think you can see Erin's video on Graven Feather's Facebook page here.



No comments:

Post a Comment