Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Busy weekend

A fun weekend coming up if you like to shop local, handmade items from artists and craftspeople. Friday November 28th there is a great group of talent at the annual Helluva Good Time show at Michelle Miller's abode 137 Arthur St. and in the Trafalgar Building 123 Woolwich St. 6-9pm. On Saturday November 29th (11- 5pm) both groups will be open again and joined by Necessary Arts Centre's Holiday Pop Up Shop (10-5pm)  at 67 Wyndham St. N. in the Gummer Building. 
I will have lots of new small mono prints on show, as well as a few new etchings. If you are looking for some handmade unique gifts, this may be where you get all your holiday shopping done. Or maybe you just want to check out what is out there and sip some cider with these lovely people. Either way, I hope to see you!



If you missed me in Guelph, you can catch me in Toronto on Sunday at the Japanese Paper Place, 77 Brock Ave. 11-5pm. Lots of wonderful washi artists doing all kinds of lovely things. All works are small, $20. - $200. If I didn't get all my shopping done in Guelph, I will definitely finish it here. We will be joined by guitarist Patrick Power in the afternoon. If you haven't visited the warehouse before, you should come on Sunday. It is a pretty special place.



After a few days out of the public, I will be back out there with an art opening on Saturday December 6th at the Flesherton Art Gallery. I will be showing some of my botanical etchings alongside the paintings of Ila Kellermann. Come visit 7-9pm with the artists. Flesherton is about an hour and 20 minutes from Guelph, I think and the gallery is located at 22 Collingwood St. It has been awhile since I have shown my work there, almost 20 years since Ryan Price and I showed some of our prints. Maybe it wasn't that long ago...

No comments:

Post a Comment