Monday, October 13, 2014

Autumn Studio News

*if you would like these newsletters and exhibition invites sent to your email address, please subscribe through the link at the bottom. Thank you.

Studio News from Tammy Ratcliff Autumn 2014
View this email in your browser

Autumn, a good time for art

Changing leaves, open studios, tours, art fairs and workshops

  • Toronto International Art Fair
This Fall,  I am excited about showing some new two- and three-dimensional print works on washi at Art Toronto with Open Studio. You can find them October 24th- 27th at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. If you prefer a bit of personal space for your art viewing, I suggest the Friday or Monday as good days to take in the show at your own pace.  
  • Print City: Detroit
I had a print included in a print exchange with the theme, REVIVAL.  First stop of the group show was Detroit, so my husband, Chris and I spent  a wonderful weekend full of prints and art goings-on at Print City and Dlectricity in Detroit. You can see some of my photos here on my blog.
  • studio changes & open house weekend
Chris has moved his paints and easels into our home (where he is already more productive) and I now have Sara Moore (graphic designer) and Juliet Promnitz (artist) taking his place in our 3rd floor studio. They are both new to working out of home and are enjoying the great community of creatives in the Trafalgar Building. If you are around Guelph for the annual Studio Tour, you should come visit the studio of the talented glass artist, Lynn Chidwick. I am a big fan of Lynn's work and a studio neighbour. I will be in my studio that weekend, Friday evening 7-9pm, Saturday Oct. 18th 10am-6pm and Sunday Oct. 19th 11am-5pm along with some of the wonderful new artists on the 3rd floor, Heidi Berger and Becky Comber. Come say 'hello' and see some of the new things we are working on.
  • workshops & press time
I had such a good time with workshops this past year and am anxious to get started with some more before the year is over. The month of November will have Thursdays and Sundays open to visiting printmakers wanting to use a press. Tuesday evenings for 4 weeks (4th- 25th) at 6-9pm I am hosting a mono printing workshop, and Friday afternoons for 4 weeks (7th-28th) at 1-4pm a collograph workshop. The month of November is a good time to get a group together for a holiday card and tag making workshop. Maybe you have a group of friends who might want to get together and do something fun one afternoon or evening? Please send me an email for more information or if you have any questions. 
  • show at Flesherton Art Gallery
This last bit of art news veers into Winter, but technically begins in the Fall.  I am looking forward to showing some of my more graphic botanical etchings on paper, panel and maybe a canvas, alongside the lively and colourful paintings of artist Ila Kellermann.  This two-person show at Flesherton Art Gallery will open Saturday, December 6th from 7- 9:30pm and run into late January. I hope to see you there!

All of this and some walks in the gorgeous woods, will keep me out of trouble for the most part this season.
I hope this newsletter finds you well and outside a bit, enjoying the lovely weather.
best,
Tammy

left: Golden Bush, mixed print media, washi, hand stitching and 23 karat gold leaf, image 18" x 18", 2014, Tammy Ratcliff
top image; The Child Grows (pillowcase #2),mixed print media, washi, hand stitching 2014
Tammy Ratcliff

*all works available through Open Studio at Art Toronto 2014
Copyright © 2014 Tammy Ratcliff, printmaking, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
The Trafalgar Building
123 Woolwich St. 3rd floor
Guelph, ON
519-760-0889

ps (I apologize if you have received this email by mistake. Please
unsubscribe by clicking the link below. Thank you.)

unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences

tammyratcliff.com






This email was sent to taratcliff@gmail.com
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Tammy Ratcliff · 123 Woolwich St. · 3rd floor · Guelph, On N1H 3V1 · Canada

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

No comments:

Post a Comment