Thursday, July 12, 2012

Black Ink

Just a note about black ink, specifically Gamblin's black printing inks.  Wyndham Art Supplies sent me a short paper explaining the different qualities of the numerous blacks that they make.  
You can read the paper on their website, here.
For colour I am fond of Charbonnel's etching inks in the tube but for black I like Gamblin's Portland black which is quite rich and tacky.  The other day I came across a new Gamblin black ink called 'Printeresting'.  It was created for and named after  “the thinking person’s favorite online resource for interesting printmaking miscellany” in celebration of their fourth anniversary.  Congratulations Printeresting!  You can visit their website, here.
I am curious about the properties of this new black.

No comments:

Post a Comment