Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Getting Ready for Holidays

I have been away from the studio for a bit, busy with insulating our attic and getting all the vapor barrier on before the cold really hits.  Fortunately, this year it has been so mild and we still have no snow. Lucky me and now the third floor is all toasty warm and ready for the weather whenever it comes.  During the messier parts of the reno I stumbled across an artist who has made some work inspired from her own home renovation mess.  Bev Hisey has lovely rugs that look like plaster and lathe.  You should take a look at her 'dirty dishes' rugs as well.  Beautiful work.

For now, I am content to prepare for family, friends and feasting and possibly some work in the studio and leave the renovating until the new year.  So nice to put a few festive things up.

I love our Thai santa flying in for the holidays

a garland I made from old Christmas cards, glue and twine. super easy
this is all I really want for Christmas.  Gromit and pudding
Have a wonderful Christmas and merry New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment