Wednesday, September 7, 2011

a visit to the Macdonald Stewart Art Centre

Yesterday, Pam and I went up to the Macdonald Stewart Art Centre to drop off work for the Framed auction.  The gallery was getting ready for the kick off of the Guelph Jazz Festival but had a moment to ooh and ah over the work that has been coming in for the auction.  The work I had submitted is a new piece that I have not yet shown and is titled, 'falling roses'.  I will post more details about the auction as it gets a bit closer, it is in November.

While we were there, we popped into the Art Sales and Rental gallery and checked out the fresh new look and took a few photos.  This is a photo of one of my mixed media works on canvas (mainly etching) and on the red wall, a work by my husband, Chris Ahlers.
Before heading out, director Judith Nasby took us in to a new installation to see an absolutely beautiful new collaborative piece by Jessica Steinhauser and Ryan Price.  Jessica is a local potter who has been making ceramic ovens and stoves for a few years now in addition to her wonderful pots.  Ryan Price is a local artist (printmaker!) who created the image on the furnace, drawing directly on the clay tiles. I think the combination of talents works well in this project.
Such an elegant furnace/ artwork!


No comments:

Post a Comment